Saturday, January 13, 2007

Extinguished

The little spark of hope last week was quickly extinguished this week. Came so close (three interviews) to a very cool job at a very cool tech company here in Pittsburgh, only to find out I'd lost out. And then an opportunity that would have helped me follow a dream fell through on Thursday. I was 100% sure I had the later. 100%. And it fell through. I am having a very hard time getting over this and back into career search mode. And this blog may end up a casualty. I don't much feel like doing anything at all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The nice part about feeling off and uninspired is that it doesn't last. Sorry you feel that way now.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Must be something in the stars; I had a rough one last week, too.

However, it's over and behind us, so time to breathe a sigh of relief and make better.

Milan-zzz said...

I’m really sorry to hear that. We have a saying “Who knows why this is good?” when something bad happens (I wont tell you my always-pessimistic reply) but indeed something might jump in affront of you so suddenly and broke the curse!

I received one e-mail with one nice offer. No it’s not job offer but offer to write reports from concerts for one music-web-site (owner saw my blog and decided to write me). In return he can provide me tickets for some of those concerts. It’s a great offer actually but I’m not sure if my English is good enough to do that ...
Anyhow last week I wouldn’t even dream about something like this :)

(((Hugs)))